10 things I want to do this year…
Starting a little late it seems!
- get the guitar checked out and re learn my chords
- make beeswax candles
- sew something… anything
- can tomatoes
- make jam
- get my dog to stop peeing in the house
- lose 10 lbs (hey, it’s a start)
- finish the afghan I’m crocheting for mom
- take more pictures
- um, er, ok, I guess that’s only nine. And that’s a lot to chew.
I am categorically opposed to new-year resolutions. They’re the best way to set yourself up for disappointment.
It’s often hard enough to get through the day-to-day without feeling like I’ve totally blown it, and that’s without a list of unreasonable expectations to try to achieve.
I do believe in positive visualization though, and I try to remain open and optimistic, it’s just seasoned with a healthy dose of realism.
Today, I’m putting fresh batteries in my camera and I’m going to take a buttload of pictures. Go number 9!